shimano components

n2t

Apr 30, 2007
So after the dog attack and ensuing crash, my rear derailer was toast. I am not sure what lvl of shimano came on my kent denali road bike, but I ended up having to put on a shimano tourney rear derailer in it's place. Was this an upgrade or a downgrade from the original component?

n2t said:
So after the dog attack and ensuing crash, my rear derailer was toast. I am not sure what lvl of shimano came on my kent denali road bike, but I ended up having to put on a shimano tourney rear derailer in it's place. Was this an upgrade or a downgrade from the original component?
IIRC that is exactly the same as the original.

seems to be working ok, cost me 15 for the part and 15 for labor so not to bad, I'm liking cheap bikes sofar. Tourney seems to be the lowest end shimano produces though, and has alot of plastic, that can't be good.

I hope you reported the dog attack to the police and plan on approaching the owner for the resultant costs caused by his/her dog's behaviour.

An owner is responcable for thier livestock and pets at all times, that includes damaged caused when a pet is hit by a car/bike, and they could get in trouble with the police if thier animals attacked causing an accident.

Don't know who the owner was, and the police/animal control didn't feel like knocking on doors even though I told them what block and side of the street they were on (narrowed down to ten houses). How bad is tourney stuff??