Shimano Cycling sandal

woodturner529

Mar 8, 2004
Looking for opinions on Shimano cycling sandals. Will they work with Speedplay Frog pedals? How comfortable are they? Will they cause any problems under heavy use?

Originally posted by woodturner529
Looking for opinions on Shimano cycling sandals. Will they work with Speedplay Frog pedals? How comfortable are they? Will they cause any problems under heavy use?
Yikes; didn't know they existed. Link?

If you're thinking of using Frogs with them, I'm guessing that means you'd be taking them off road some... not scared of losing toes? I heard a story about a MTB-riding woman who lost a toe once while wearing sandals...

Ok, there's probably a reasonable application for them, if Shimano makes them. Could you post a link?

I'll be.

Doesn't look Frog compatible at a glance. Speedplay has an excellent shoe compatability feature on their website; I'd try there.

Originally posted by lokstah
Yikes; didn't know they existed. Link?

If you're thinking of using Frogs with them, I'm guessing that means you'd be taking them off road some... not scared of losing toes? I heard a story about a MTB-riding woman who lost a toe once while wearing sandals...

Ok, there's probably a reasonable application for them, if Shimano makes them. Could you post a link?

I won't be using them off-road, its just that my recumbent and my Sidi shoes are set-up for frogs. You can see them at
Shimano.com or hostelshoppe.com. I'm really looking for anyone that owns them and that might give me some feedback.