Shimano Deore shifter dust cover screw

markh12001

Guest
Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore shifters
(2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?

Thank you

> Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
shifters
> (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?

The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?), countersunk, posi-head - best bet,
take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can (at least near) match it.

Shaun aRe

Thanks, my local bike shop fixed me up this evening... however, I believe you are right on the
size... thank you Mark

> > Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
> shifters
> > (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?
>
> The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?),
countersunk,
> posi-head - best bet, take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can (at
> least near) match it.
>

> Shaun aRe

> > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
> > shifters
> > > (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?
> >
> > The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?),
> countersunk,
> > posi-head - best bet, take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can
> > (at least near) match it.
> >

> > Shaun aRe

> Thanks, my local bike shop fixed me up this evening... however, I believe you are right on the
> size... thank you Mark

You're welcome - glad you got it sorted.

Shaun aRe - sizing screws/bolts from memory is getting scarily easy (if indeed I was