Shimano Deore shifter dust cover screw

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by markh12001, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. markh12001

    markh12001 Guest

    Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore shifters
    (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?

    Thank you

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
    shifters
    > (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?

    The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?), countersunk, posi-head - best bet,
    take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can (at least near) match it.

    Shaun aRe

  3. markh12001

    markh12001 Guest

    Thanks, my local bike shop fixed me up this evening... however, I believe you are right on the
    size... thank you Mark

    > > Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
    > shifters
    > > (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?
    >
    > The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?),
    countersunk,
    > posi-head - best bet, take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can (at
    > least near) match it.
    >

    > Shaun aRe

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Does anyone know the size of the dust cover screw on Shimano Deore
    > > shifters
    > > > (2003) or better yet a source for replacing it?
    > >
    > > The top ones (2 of)? I think they're M2 x about 5mm length (?),
    > countersunk,
    > > posi-head - best bet, take the other screw out, go to hardware/fastener shop, ask if they can
    > > (at least near) match it.
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe

    > Thanks, my local bike shop fixed me up this evening... however, I believe you are right on the
    > size... thank you Mark

    You're welcome - glad you got it sorted.

    Shaun aRe - sizing screws/bolts from memory is getting scarily easy (if indeed I was