shimano deore vs shimano xt? question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Moon, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Moon

    Moon Guest

    have a deore crank on my bike, its only a few months old. i got an xt crank for about $80.00. is it
    worth the upgrade. i smashed my truvativ and replaces with deore which seems heavier. thus is it
    worth the $$$ to upgrade to the xt

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. > have a deore crank on my bike, its only a few months old. i got an xt
    crank
    > for about $80.00. is it worth the upgrade. i smashed my truvativ and replaces with deore which
    > seems heavier. thus is it worth the $$$ to upgrade to the xt
    >
    > thanks

    Upgrade to the XT. Deore cranks are relatively heavy compared to the XT and the XT is stiffer.

    Also put it like this: would you ride a crapped up Lada when you have an Aston Martin Vanquish
    sitting in your garage?

    Thought not :)

    Small Black Dog

  3. "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > > have a deore crank on my bike, its only a few months old. i got an xt
    > crank
    > > for about $80.00. is it worth the upgrade. i smashed my truvativ and replaces with deore which
    > > seems heavier. thus is it worth the $$$ to upgrade to the xt
    > >
    > > thanks
    >
    > Upgrade to the XT. Deore cranks are relatively heavy compared to the XT
    and
    > the XT is stiffer.

    I would go for RF Prodigy, it same price as the XT, but you dont have to use Shimanos stinky Bottom
    Brackets. There is a lot of nice ISIS BBs out there
    :) And yes, its worth the upgrade.

    > Also put it like this: would you ride a crapped up Lada when you have an Aston Martin Vanquish
    > sitting in your garage?

    Depends on gas prices?

    Peet

  4. Andyc

    Andyc Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... [snip]
    > Also put it like this: would you ride a crapped up Lada when you have an Aston Martin Vanquish
    > sitting in your garage?

    I would if I was going off road...

  5. > I would go for RF Prodigy, it same price as the XT, but you dont have to
    use
    > Shimanos stinky Bottom Brackets. There is a lot of nice ISIS BBs out there
    > :) And yes, its worth the upgrade.

    I think he's allready bought the XT crank though.

    > > Also put it like this: would you ride a crapped up Lada when you have an Aston Martin Vanquish
    > > sitting in your garage?
    >
    > Depends on gas prices?

    if you can afford a Vanquish you can afford the petrol, i hope.

    Small Black Dog

  6. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > have a deore crank on my bike, its only a few months old. i got an xt crank for about $80.00. is
    > it worth the upgrade. i smashed my truvativ and replaces with deore which seems heavier. thus is
    > it worth the $$$ to upgrade to the xt

    Ride the Deore until it's thrashed, then put on the XT.

    Or, ride the XT until it's thrashed, then you have a spare crankset so you're not out any cash.

    Spider