Shimano deore xt disk shifter brake lever

HowardSteele

Mar 7, 2006
Shimano deore XT disk shifter brake lever combo,where can i find a working drawing of assembly/scematics? I need to take the thing apart and see if i can fix it.the gear shifter is not working.
I believe there's a web site?
Otherwise i have to use the brake as is and put on a normal shiter.Any advice welcome

I don't know of any schematics as shimano want you to replace the unit.
I have succesfully pulled these apart and re-assembled them. It is probably only an option if your problem is caused by a piece of grit or something getting between moving parts, as I don't think internal parts are available.
Shimano do have a Technical area of their web site which does show schematics of some parts but only to the extent they want to show you.
Some springs can be fiddly to get back in their place as they are under tension.

Thanks,i managed to remove all the plastic covers and get to the damage,the lever had pushed the mechanism beyond the last gear change so the little pawl had flipped back on itself bending the side of the case and its mounting pin.
I mananaged to get it back into position and straighten the side wall slightltlly, it was working but obvioslly just.It took just a little bit of overexerstion and the unit is totaled now.
The Bad news is,over here they only sell as a pair.i looked at converting the dual to a conventional single lever but there are no levers availible.The duel's body as is,is to large to run with a rapid fire changer alongside.(anybody managed this)so it looks like my only option is a nice excessive outlay on a pair.:(

You can sometimes find new single levers etc on ebay.
Might be worth a look.

cruisin said:
You can sometimes find new single levers etc on ebay.
Might be worth a look.
I can get a set of second hand deore duel (not xt duel) at quite a decent price R900.00 or i can opt for new deore disk levers and xt shifters at about double the price.????:confused:

HowardSteele said:
I can get a set of second hand deore duel (not xt duel) at quite a decent price R900.00 or i can opt for new deore disk levers and xt shifters at about double the price.????:confused:

XT is significantly better than deore. It might be worth investigating whether you can buy a standard shifter pod (this shouldnt be a problem) and a signle disk lever (possibyl a bit more of a problem). Have a look at www.chainreactioncycles.com (uk based) as they usually have a good selection of spare parts.

shifter pods can be found individually here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7151

Individual levers can be found here
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13777 (The new style lever is also stocked by the same company)

I can only see dual control levers sold as a pair as you suggested previously. Possibly buy a pair and ebay off the spare?

Hope this is of some help to you. Not sure whether the prices above are competetive as I don't know the currency conversion rates.

davebee said:
XT is significantly better than deore. It might be worth investigating whether you can buy a standard shifter pod (this shouldnt be a problem) and a signle disk lever (possibyl a bit more of a problem). Have a look at www.chainreactioncycles.com (uk based) as they usually have a good selection of spare parts.

I settled for a new set of XT shifter pod 's,and a new set of LX levers indentical to the XT levers except the rear hydrolic line fitting(attaching to the calipers)(the lever connection is standard)but I used my existing hydrolic line anyway.So my bike is up and running again.Personally i prefere the single levers as compared with the combo.
Thanks for the advicethe www.chainreactioncycles.com spares are
cheaper than in Cape town however the postage adds to the price.:cool:

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium? Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!