Shimano disc on Chris King hub

Erik Lindeberg

Guest
I want to use the Shimano hydraulic XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc hubs.
The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither of
them
seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice?
Erik L

Use another rotor.

"Erik Lindeberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I want to use the Shimano hydraulic XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc

hubs.
> The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither of
> them
> seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice?
> Erik L

Erik Lindeberg said...

> I want to use the Shimano hydraulic XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc hubs.
> The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither of
> them
> seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice?
> Erik L

Use a different rotor, a different hub, or a different brake system.

> "Erik Lindeberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...>> I want to use the Shimano hydraulic
> XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc
> hubs.
>> The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither
>> of
>> them
>> seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice?
>> Erik L

"Kurd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Use another rotor.

Thanks, I understand that I have to change the rotor.
What rotor do you recomend?
Should I buy an "ISO" or a "Universal" version of the hub?

Erik L

erik-<< I want to use the Shimano hydraulic XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc
hubs.
The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither of
them
seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice? >><BR><BR>

Ya need a first gen XT rotor that used a standard 6 bolt attach method. XT is
thinner than all the 'standard' rotors so must be used with shimano disc
calipers.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:55:26 +0200, "Erik Lindeberg"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> "Erik Lindeberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...>> I want to use the Shimano hydraulic
>> XTR disc brakes on Chris King disc
>> hubs.
>>> The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither
>>> of
>>> them
>>> seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice?
>>> Erik L
>>>

>"Kurd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Use another rotor.
>>

>Thanks, I understand that I have to change the rotor.
>What rotor do you recomend?
>Should I buy an "ISO" or a "Universal" version of the hub?
>
>Erik L

Get the ISO version and a Shimano RT75 rotor (2002/2003 XT) or a
suitable aftermarket 6 bolt 160mm rotor - the Braking wave rotors
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_detail.asp?ProdID=5360013377 look
nice. The universal version of the hub is not necessary for this
application.
Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> erik-<< I want to use the Shimano hydraulic XTR disc brakes on Chris King
> disc
> hubs.
> The hub is available in a "universal" and an "ISO" version, but neither of
> them
> seems to fit the Shimano's central locking system. Any advice? >><BR><BR>
>
> Ya need a first gen XT rotor that used a standard 6 bolt attach method. XT
> is
> thinner than all the 'standard' rotors so must be used with shimano disc
> calipers.

Is not the old XT disc also somewhat thicker than the new XTR disc?
Or is the difference so small that it does not matter?
Could you measure the two discs for me?
Does the old XT rotor require the ISO version of the hub
(as Kinky Cowboy suggests above)?

Erik L