Shimano DuraAce 7410 bottom bracket cups

markmuso

Guest
Hi,

I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket (103mm spindle),
and am having difficulty finding these. I'm not sure if the short spindle
length requires cups specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english
thread) will do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

- Mark

Your 7410 is a cup-and-cone style BB? Mine is a cartridge style.

If cup-and-cone style, I would think that any cups would work as long as
the threading matched the BB shell.

--

In article <[email protected]>, markmuso
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket (103mm spindle),
> and am having difficulty finding these. I'm not sure if the short spindle
> length requires cups specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english
> thread) will do. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> - Mark

FYI Mark, despite this crankset being spec'd for a 103mm BB spindle,
I've had it bolted to a Shimano UN-72 107mm BB for 2 years with no
discernable ill effects. (If both BB's are symmetrical the chainline
only moves outward by 2mm )

luke

mark-<< I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket (103mm
spindle),
and am having difficulty finding these. I'm not sure if the short spindle
length requires cups specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english
thread) will do. >><BR><BR>

Any set of cups from any of the cart BBs will work, like the ones from a
UN-72....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:22:48 -0400, "markmuso" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket (103mm spindle),
>and am having difficulty finding these. I'm not sure if the short spindle
>length requires cups specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english
>thread) will do. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
>- Mark

You can find a Shimano cartridge bb in 102 x 68 x BSC. I believe that
TA has one as well. A 107 is very easy to find in Shimano and other
brands. Some of the MTB type, i.e. Raceface have the same unit for 68
and 73 bb shells.