Shimano DuraAce 7410 bottom bracket cups

Markmuso

Guest
Hi,

I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket
(103mm spindle), and am having difficulty finding these. I'm
not sure if the short spindle length requires cups specific
to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english thread) will do. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

- Mark

Gonzo Bob

New Member
Feb 13, 2004
Your 7410 is a cup-and-cone style BB? Mine is a cartridge style.

If cup-and-cone style, I would think that any cups would work as long as the threading matched the BB shell.

Luke

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, markmuso
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket
> (103mm spindle), and am having difficulty finding these.
> I'm not sure if the short spindle length requires cups
> specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english thread)
> will do. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> - Mark

FYI Mark, despite this crankset being spec'd for a 103mm BB
spindle, I've had it bolted to a Shimano UN-72 107mm BB for
2 years with no discernable ill effects. (If both BB's are
symmetrical the chainline only moves outward by 2mm )

luke

Qui Si Parla Ca

Guest
mark-<< I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom
bracket (103mm spindle), and am having difficulty finding
these. I'm not sure if the short spindle length requires
cups specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english
thread) will do. >><BR><BR>

Any set of cups from any of the cart BBs will work, like the
ones from a UN-72....

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Paul Kopit

Guest
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:22:48 -0400, "markmuso" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need replacement cups for a dura-ace 7410 bottom bracket
>(103mm spindle), and am having difficulty finding these.
>I'm not sure if the short spindle length requires cups
>specific to this BB, or if any 'ol cups (english thread)
>will do. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
>- Mark

You can find a Shimano cartridge bb in 102 x 68 x BSC. I
believe that TA has one as well. A 107 is very easy to find
in Shimano and other brands. Some of the MTB type, i.e.
Raceface have the same unit for 68 and 73 bb shells.