Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Shimano DX V brake

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 509 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 May 2007
Last activity
23 May 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
509
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know this has come up before, but couldn't find an answer - is it
    possible to use the DX V brake as a front brake? It says it's for the
    rear, but I've read that it's just a red old-style LX brake. Thanks
    for any help, and apologies if I've missed the answer somewhere.

  2. <[email hidden]> a écrit:

    Quoted message said:

    is it possible to use the DX V brake as a front brake?

    Absolutely.

    Quoted message said:

    It says it's for the rear, but I've read that it's just a red
    old-style LX brake.

    Right.

    James Thomson

  3. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know this has come up before, but couldn't find an answer - is it
    possible to use the DX V brake as a front brake? It says it's for the
    rear, but I've read that it's just a red old-style LX brake. Thanks
    for any help, and apologies if I've missed the answer somewhere.

    Sure, just turn the pads around.

  4. Kurd said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know this has come up before, but couldn't find an answer - is it
    possible to use the DX V brake as a front brake? It says it's for the
    rear, but I've read that it's just a red old-style LX brake. Thanks
    for any help, and apologies if I've missed the answer somewhere.

    Sure, just turn the pads around.

    Only required on asymmetrical pads, and not so much around as switch sides.
    Put the right pad on the left brake arm and the left pad on the right brake
    arm.

    --
    Phil

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.