Shimano Exage 8 speed downtube shifters

eflayer2

Guest
Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise them as
index shifters. Does anyone here know if these also have a friction
setting for the rear derailleur?

eflayer2 wrote:
> Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise them as
> index shifters. Does anyone here know if these also have a friction
> setting for the rear derailleur?

My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for index/friction. They have a
metal loop that I can twist to select it, and I don't see it in the picture.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
> eflayer2 wrote:
>> Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise them as
>> index shifters. Does anyone here know if these also have a friction
>> setting for the rear derailleur?

> My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for index/friction. They
> have a metal loop that I can twist to select it, and I don't see it
> in the picture.

These dura-ace ones have the loop I'm talking about.

http://snipurl.com/6x99

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre <[email protected]> wrote:
>eflayer2 wrote:
>>Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise them as
>>index shifters. Does anyone here know if these also have a friction
>>setting for the rear derailleur?

>My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for index/friction. They have a
>metal loop that I can twist to select it, and I don't see it in the picture.

And, indeed, not all Shimano DT shifters are so selectable - I have a
useless spare pair I got before discovering this fact.

We'll see who is correct. I spoke to Shimano by phone and they said 8
spd Exage downtube shifters are both indexed and friction.