Shimano Exage 8 speed downtube shifters

Eflayer2

Guest
Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise
them as index shifters. Does anyone here know if these also
have a friction setting for the rear derailleur?

eflayer2 wrote:
> Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise
> them as index shifters. Does anyone here know if these
> also have a friction setting for the rear derailleur?

My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for
index/friction. They have a metal loop that I can twist to
select it, and I don't see it in the picture.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
> eflayer2 wrote:
>> Nashbar has these obscure things available. They
>> advertise them as index shifters. Does anyone here know
>> if these also have a friction setting for the rear
>> derailleur?
>
> My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for
> index/friction. They have a metal loop that I can twist to
> select it, and I don't see it in the picture.

These dura-ace ones have the loop I'm talking about.

http://snipurl.com/6x99

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre <[email protected]> wrote:
>eflayer2 wrote:
>>Nashbar has these obscure things available. They advertise
>>them as index shifters. Does anyone here know if these
>>also have a friction setting for the rear derailleur?
>My 7sp Shimano DT shifters are selectable for
>index/friction. They have a metal loop that I can twist to
>select it, and I don't see it in the picture.

And, indeed, not all Shimano DT shifters are so selectable
- I have a useless spare pair I got before discovering
this fact.

We'll see who is correct. I spoke to Shimano by phone and
they said 8 spd Exage downtube shifters are both indexed
and friction.

David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<o3A*[email protected]>...