Shimano EZ Fire Problem

Batesy

Guest
Hi all, I've just had my spanking new MTB delivered today complete with Shimano EZ Fire shifters and
levers. I ave a problem with the "up" shifter on the left (the one on the bottom of the mount). I
can't move it as the lever interferes with the bolt securing them onto the handlebars. Has anyone
had this problem or know how to fix it? I really don't want to have to send the bike back to get it
fixed, I'd rather do it myself.

Regards,

Craig

"batesy" <[email protected]> wrote

> I've just had my spanking new MTB delivered today complete with Shimano EZ Fire shifters and
> levers. I ave a problem with the "up" shifter on the
left
> (the one on the bottom of the mount). I can't move it as the lever interferes with the bolt
> securing them onto the handlebars. Has anyone
had
> this problem or know how to fix it? I really don't want to have to send
the
> bike back to get it fixed, I'd rather do it myself.

Mine have only got a couple of mm clearance. The lever is probably bent out of line somehow isn't
it? If so I'd send the bike back rather than trying to bend it back.

"Andy P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "batesy" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I've just had my spanking new MTB delivered today complete with Shimano
EZ
> > Fire shifters and levers. I ave a problem with the "up" shifter on the
> left
> > (the one on the bottom of the mount). I can't move it as the lever interferes with the bolt
> > securing them onto the handlebars. Has anyone
> had
> > this problem or know how to fix it? I really don't want to have to send
> the
> > bike back to get it fixed, I'd rather do it myself.
>
> Mine have only got a couple of mm clearance. The lever is probably bent
out
> of line somehow isn't it? If so I'd send the bike back rather than trying to bend it back.

I feared this may be the case. Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Craig