Shimano Flight Deck 6502 10 speed available in US

terryv94

Nov 25, 2003
Just completed mounting my new SC-6502/SM-SC70 kit from cbike.com. Had been reading the posts here for availability and know that some of you have also been waiting for it.

Originally posted by terryv94
Just completed mounting my new SC-6502/SM-SC70 kit from cbike.com. Had been reading the posts here for availability and know that some of you have also been waiting for it.

Sounds good.... Wondering when the kit will be available in Europe

I have a question for you;

Assuming that you are using Dura Ace 10s with your kit, I would like to know your impressions concerning the set mechanically speaking?

I just recently had my Trek upgraded from Dura Ace 7700 to the new Dura Ace 10s and after the first 4 outings on it I have noticed that the Dura Ace 10s seems quite noisy when in the gear combinations 39x21-24-27. And it is definitely not because the front derailleur is touching the chain, although a similar sound, but appearantly more so that the sideways stress/offset between the chain, chainring (on 39) and cassette has become more important with 10s.

It is something I never noticed on Dura Ace 7700 with the same combinations. Maybe it is just because I need to run it in (a bit more)?

Have you noticed anything similar?

For the rest I have only praise left for the new group.