Shimano Flight Deck - warm up vs. race stats

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
    ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.

    Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface... but
    it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....

    Thanks!

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Tom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
    > ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
    > but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tom

    Well there is a lap counter, but the only use we have found for it so far is to count roadkill. I
    use the lap feature on my Polar S-720 instead.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  3. I know that I have used the stopwatch function- it will track distance, avg. speed & max speed while
    it is functioning in stopwatch mode. I use this when I time myself on certain courses- while using
    the main computer function to give overall stats- the warm-up ride to the course and cool down on
    the way home.

    The overall stats I believe will include the time trial portion also. I haven't tried but it may be
    possible to stop the main computer before you start your race and then restart it when you are about
    to cool down. maybe someone has tried?

    Chris

    PS- my manual explains how to use the stopwatch functions although not in the clearest manner.

    "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
    > ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
    > but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tom

  4. Jim Quinn

    Jim Quinn Guest

    no

    "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
    > ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
    > but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tom

  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I found the way thanks to clues in these posts and help from a guy I ride with....

    The secret is in Stopwatch mode...AND in using the B button on the back of the device itself...
    which isn't always equivalent to using the right button on the shifter, like I had wrongly
    assumed.....

    Now I don't have to throw my new computer into the ocean.

  6. Tom wrote:
    > I found the way thanks to clues in these posts and help from a guy I ride with....
    >
    > The secret is in Stopwatch mode...AND in using the B button on the back of the device itself...
    > which isn't always equivalent to using the right button on the shifter, like I had wrongly
    > assumed.....
    >
    > Now I don't have to throw my new computer into the ocean.

    Why don't you tell us more about this. Could be interesting.
    --
    Perre