Shimano Flight Deck - warm up vs. race stats

Tom

Guest
Hi,

Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.

Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface... but
it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....

Thanks!

Tom

Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
> ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
> but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom

Well there is a lap counter, but the only use we have found for it so far is to count roadkill. I
use the lap feature on my Polar S-720 instead.

--
Perre

Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

I know that I have used the stopwatch function- it will track distance, avg. speed & max speed while
it is functioning in stopwatch mode. I use this when I time myself on certain courses- while using
the main computer function to give overall stats- the warm-up ride to the course and cool down on
the way home.

The overall stats I believe will include the time trial portion also. I haven't tried but it may be
possible to stop the main computer before you start your race and then restart it when you are about
to cool down. maybe someone has tried?

Chris

PS- my manual explains how to use the stopwatch functions although not in the clearest manner.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
> ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
> but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom

no

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to track stats (avg speed, distance, max speed, time) for two segments of a single
> ride? I'd like to track warm-up / cool down stats separately from race stats.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.... I can't figure this out at all from the manual or interface...
> but it seems like something this thing should be able to do with all the features it boasts.....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom

I found the way thanks to clues in these posts and help from a guy I ride with....

The secret is in Stopwatch mode...AND in using the B button on the back of the device itself...
which isn't always equivalent to using the right button on the shifter, like I had wrongly
assumed.....

Now I don't have to throw my new computer into the ocean.

Tom wrote:
> I found the way thanks to clues in these posts and help from a guy I ride with....
>
> The secret is in Stopwatch mode...AND in using the B button on the back of the device itself...
> which isn't always equivalent to using the right button on the shifter, like I had wrongly
> assumed.....
>
> Now I don't have to throw my new computer into the ocean.

Why don't you tell us more about this. Could be interesting.
--
Perre