Shimano FlightDeck Problem

ca

Guest
After removing slack from the FD cable at the pinch bolt (the cable
adjuster had no adjustment left), the Flightdeck only shows the FD to be
in the big chainring regardless of which chainring is actually in use.

What did I mess up?

ca wrote:
> After removing slack from the FD cable at the pinch bolt (the cable
> adjuster had no adjustment left), the Flightdeck only shows the FD to be
> in the big chainring regardless of which chainring is actually in use.
>
> What did I mess up?

I'm guessing the FD adjustment...ie, you are using the last 'clicks' of
the left sifter, not the first clicks...unhook the cable from the
FD...pull gently on the cable and shift the left lever all the way to
the smallest cog...re attach and then adjust the FD.