Shimano Flightdeck

David Crist

Guest
I want to clear last year's mileage from the computer, but not lose
the tire size/chainring info. The manual isn't clear. Anyone know
how to clear just last year's mileage? Thanks.

David Crist wrote:
> I want to clear last year's mileage from the computer, but not lose
> the tire size/chainring info. The manual isn't clear. Anyone know
> how to clear just last year's mileage? Thanks.

I love my Flightdeck. But alas, it seems that I too have found no way
to reset the ODO or the wheel settings, without having to enter the
gearing data and everything else. I just wrote down the gear settings
and got fast at entering the data.

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 18:36:32 -0500, David Crist
<[email protected]> skrev:

> I want to clear last year's mileage from the computer, but not lose
> the tire size/chainring info. The manual isn't clear. Anyone know
> how to clear just last year's mileage? Thanks.

I too have been unable find this function on the Flight Deck. I kept
searching for a long time, because I couldn't imagine Shimano would make a
high end computer without it.

I want a zero- and adjustment- function of the ODO a handfull of times
each year for differant measures: How far this year? How far this
vacation? How far this multiple stage event?

And on century rides I need to zero the ODO as a backup for the trip
counter, since the tired rider somtimes unintentionally zeroes the trip
counter, when the need of knowing how far to go, is the greatest.

I still think the Flight Deck is nice to have, because it displays the
chain position and because of the virtual RPM-function, but on several
parameters it is inferior to other and much cheaper computers, such as the
Sigma BC 800 or the VDO 12.6 that I have.

At occations I choose to mount a second computer on my bike to compensate
for the shortcomings of the Flight Deck.

Ivar of Denmark

--
Sendt med Operas banebrydende nyhedsgruppe-
og e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/

In article <opso0ji9ilxtdc4g@ivarsnotebook>,
"Ivar Hesselager" <[email protected]> wrote:

> And on century rides I need to zero the ODO as a backup for the trip
> counter, since the tired rider somtimes unintentionally zeroes the trip
> counter, when the need of knowing how far to go, is the greatest.

Write down the odometer reading at the beginning of the century
using your scribe and clay tablet.

--
Michael Press

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:43:08 GMT, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> Write down the odometer reading at the beginning of the century
> using your scribe and clay tablet.

Thanks Mike
Maybe I should try that! Do you mount the device on your handlebar?
What is the aproximate weight? Will the clay withstand rain?
I have heard of a few other ways of calculating the distance not involving
computers. Still I find a zero function to the ODO simple and usefull.

Kindly
Ivar of Denmark