Shimano for Women

Fasstsk8s

Guest
I've heard that Shimano has available a womens shift lever set(for small hands).

Does any one know anything about this.....Shimano website had no info.

Thanks,

Jessica

Fasstsk8s wrote:
> I've heard that Shimano has available a womens shift lever set(for small hands).
>
> Does any one know anything about this.....Shimano website had no info.

It's actually about the small hands, not about sex.

We've got 'em. The ST-R600 is Ultegra level. If that's too pricey, the underrated but actually very
nice Sora levers have adjustable lever standoff. See:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/derailers.html#shifters

Sheldon "Got 'Em In Stock" Brown +----------------------------------------------------------+
| When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: | I looked into the soul of the boy
| sitting next to me. | --Woody Allen |
+----------------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton,

Hi Sheldon:

Do these shifters place the handle closer to the bar? My girlfriend has small hands and while in
the drops her hands have difficulty squeezing the brakes. She doesn't need a shifter with a
shorter handle, just one that brings the handle closer to the handlebar. Would these shifters
acomplish this?

Thanks, Claude

This seems to be a common complaint.

As far as I can tell, making a complete groupo switch to Campy was the only way to get a more
comfortable fit for smallish hands.

If this work it will save me close to $1000.00.

Jess

Claude: You can shorten the distance from lever to bar by installing underneath the part of the
housing that the lever comes up to rest against. A thick piece of rubber, such as a shim from a bike
computer mount or a thorn-resistant tube, does the job nicely. We use 3MFasttack to glue them in
place. The failure mode (if the piece were to come unglued) doesn't cause your brake to go on
suddenly or anything, so there's really not much of a downside to trying it.

"Fasstsk8s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This seems to be a common complaint.
>
> As far as I can tell, making a complete groupo switch to Campy was the
only way
> to get a more comfortable fit for smallish hands.
>
> If this work it will save me close to $1000.00.

That seems high. Complete Campagnolo Ergo conversions are about double the price of Ultegra shifters
http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergokit.html