Shimano Gears

Combat Alien

Guest
Hi i have just bought a Giant Terrago Mountain Bike and the chain is
slightly missing the sprockets on certain gears,when shifting does any
one know of a good web site that shows you with diagrams how to
maintain the gears,and other parts of bikes many thanks for any help
cheers Stephen.

On 25 Apr 2006 23:30:35 -0700, "Combat Alien"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi i have just bought a Giant Terrago Mountain Bike and the chain is
>slightly missing the sprockets on certain gears,when shifting does any
>one know of a good web site that shows you with diagrams how to
>maintain the gears,and other parts of bikes many thanks for any help

The best starting points for online maintenance info are the Park
Tools website, and Sheldon's pages.

Here's the url for the section you need at Park Tools:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=64

You can also get info on other parts of your bike from here:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/

Here's Sheldon's article on rear mech adjustment:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html

And further subjects from Guru Sheldon:

http://sheldonbrown.com/articles.html

"Bob"

New bike ?
If so this a job for the shop

SW

news:[email protected]...

Combat Alien wrote:

> Hi i have just bought a Giant Terrago Mountain Bike and the chain is
> slightly missing the sprockets on certain gears,when shifting does any
> one know of a good web site that shows you with diagrams how to
> maintain the gears,and other parts of bikes many thanks for any help
> cheers Stephen.

Shimano have a website...

You can get help from the sites mentioned by Bob, but the only place to
get service instructions for your specific bits is the Shimano site.

I normally use the USA or Aussie site, last time I couldn't get to the
relevant pages from the UK/EU website.

--
Mike