shimano group sets

syrus_82

New Member
Aug 3, 2003
i was wondering about shimano 600 group sets, i cant find much information on the net about it. i have been told that it is equivalent to ultegra. does any body know, if you could help it would be much appreciated

"syrus_82" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> i was wondering about shimano 600 group sets, i cant find much information on the net about it. i
> have been told that it is equivalent to ultegra. does any body know, if you could help it would be
> much appreciated

More than equivalent. 600 _is_ Ultegra. Back in the bad old days (1980s), Shimano had Dura-ace,
600EX, and A105. Somewhere in the '90s they started calling 600EX 600 Ultegra, and now they lost the
600, and just call it Ultegra.

None of it is anywhere near as good as Campy Chorus or Record tho.

Regards,

Suzy.

Try this site... http://www.fa-technik.adfc.de/Hersteller/ . It is in German but you should be able
to navigate your way around. It list details of all Shimano's group sets from the 80's up to current
line up. I had a quick look and it seems the change from 600 to ultegra happened between 97 and 98.