shimano m545 pedals

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Moon, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Moon

    Moon Guest

    any comments on these pedals, are they too heavy?

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  3. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    moon wrote:
    > any comments on these pedals, are they too heavy?

    Not a bad pedal for beginners and intermediates. I found that I couldn't balance the release tension
    against pulling out in rocky technical stuff. I use egg beaters now, but I don't recommend them for
    beginners because you can't yank out of them in a panic -- you HAVE to twist.

    David

  4. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    moon wrote:
    > any comments on these pedals, are they too heavy?

    My first pair of clipless pedals... Not noticed them being heavy at all, pretty sure my 11inch foot
    and cycling shoe outweighs the pedal by about 10 times <Chuckle>

    Have to twist out of them, only hassle is that the first time I got all muddied up I couldn't
    unclip... <Wince> Still that was in the first two weeks of learning who to operate them so I had
    plenty of other bruises to go along with it.

    Gyp

  5. Ooksk91

    Ooksk91 Guest

    "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > any comments on these pedals, are they too heavy?

    If you are looking at the functionality of the M545 and worried about the weight, the M454 has the
    same design, but with a resin cage to the aluminium of M545. It saves you about 90g in weight. ^^;

    They are easy to clip in and out of. If you keep the bindings at it's most loose setting you can
    yank your foot out in an emergency without twisting your foot.