Shimano = Microsoft

A

admin

Well guys……my Shimano WH-R540 wheel are total ****. I’ve broken 4 spokes in the last 5 weeks, each time it costs $25 to get fixed (spokes are $10 each). Anyway I do not recommend these POS wheels. <br /><br />I’m gonna hit the bike shop for a set of replacement wheels tomorrow morning, a different brand of course, it will be interesting to see how it works out.<br />

that sounds bad steve. Iv actually had one broken spoke on one of my shimano wheels. The rear one (the rim Was slightly bent in a crash) The bs guy then set a lower tension on the wheels so as to minimise the wobble wich is why the spoke broke. It was too loose. Have you been in a crash or had the rim bent by a rock or something?.

[quote author=Gear Grinder link=board=20;threadid=2572;start=0#22120 date=1036322201]<br />that sounds bad steve. Iv actually had one broken spoke on one of my shimano wheels. The rear one (the rim Was slightly bent in a crash) The bs guy then set a lower tension on the wheels so as to minimise the wobble wich is why the spoke broke. It was too loose. Have you been in a crash or had the rim bent by a rock or something?.<br />[/quote]<br />Nope never crashed this bike with these wheels, never even hit a pothole in the short time i've had them.<br /><br />cheers

Are the blokes at your bs good and qualified wheel truers? or a bunch of hillbillies?. Surely they would of given you some advice after having 4 broken spokes?!!!/ :(

[quote author=Gear Grinder link=board=20;threadid=2572;start=0#22122 date=1036324030]<br />Are the blokes at your bs good and qualified wheel truers? or a bunch of hillbillies?. Surely they would of given you some advice after having 4 broken spokes?!!!/ :(<br />[/quote]<br /><br />They're pretty good, best this side of melbourne IMO

Looks like I'll be getting a new wheel built. <br /><br />Shimano don't stand behind their products, I’ll think twice next time I’m about to buy something made by these fools. <br /><br />Another funny twist, is apparently there are no spokes in the country for the next two weeks. Maybe they have run out of stock because everyone keeps breaking them?<br /><br />Shimano is the bicycling industries equivalent of Microsoft &gt;:(<br /><br />cheers!