Shimano MTB hubs & freehubs

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pete Biggs, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    1) Are ALL modern 8sp rear Shimano MTB hubs externally stamped or labelled "Shimano", complete with
    Shimano model numbers?

    2) Are any non-Shimano hubs marked "Hyperglide"?

    3) Will a modern 8/9sp Deore freehub body fit ALL modern Shimano 8sp rear MTB hubs?

    4) Are there any non-Shimano hubs in existance that can take Deore freehubs?

    5) What make/model hubs are likely to be on a ~three/four year old mid-priced basic Trek 820
    mountain bike (the one with steel frame, green & white paint job, low-end Shimano components).

    Thanks for any info.

    ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > 5) What make/model hubs are likely to be on a ~three/four year old mid-priced basic Trek 820
    > mountain bike (the one with steel frame, green & white paint job, low-end Shimano components).
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Have a look at: http://www.ktgroup.net/cata/cata02.html and see if any of those hubs look familiar.
    KT group make _millions_ of hubs which find their way onto all sorts of bikes, with and without
    Quando markings on them, and my first guess would be one of these.

    JimP