Shimano MTB hubs & freehubs

Pete Biggs

Guest
1) Are ALL modern 8sp rear Shimano MTB hubs externally stamped or labelled "Shimano", complete with
Shimano model numbers?

2) Are any non-Shimano hubs marked "Hyperglide"?

3) Will a modern 8/9sp Deore freehub body fit ALL modern Shimano 8sp rear MTB hubs?

4) Are there any non-Shimano hubs in existance that can take Deore freehubs?

5) What make/model hubs are likely to be on a ~three/four year old mid-priced basic Trek 820
mountain bike (the one with steel frame, green & white paint job, low-end Shimano components).

Thanks for any info.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

> 5) What make/model hubs are likely to be on a ~three/four year old mid-priced basic Trek 820
> mountain bike (the one with steel frame, green & white paint job, low-end Shimano components).
>
> Thanks for any info.

Have a look at: http://www.ktgroup.net/cata/cata02.html and see if any of those hubs look familiar.
KT group make _millions_ of hubs which find their way onto all sorts of bikes, with and without
Quando markings on them, and my first guess would be one of these.

JimP