Shimano Octalink BB, is there a compact crank?

RS

Guest
I acquired a nice frame partially built up, a Carrera. It has what appears to be a Shimano Octalink BB. Is there a
compact crank (50-34) that will work with that BB? I'm on the cheap here, trying to avoid changing the BB.

thanks

Rick

RS wrote:
> I acquired a nice frame partially built up, a Carrera. It has what appears to be a Shimano Octalink BB. Is there a
> compact crank (50-34) that will work with that BB? I'm on the cheap here, trying to avoid changing the BB.
>
> thanks
>
> Rick

I dunno- is this cheap enough for you?
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=15300

Jeff

RS wrote:
> I acquired a nice frame partially built up, a Carrera. It has what appears to be a Shimano Octalink BB. Is there a
> compact crank (50-34) that will work with that BB? I'm on the cheap here, trying to avoid changing the BB.
>
> thanks
>
> Rick

You can prolly catch a closeout on an FSA Energy Compact - saw them on
Excelsports for about $90. Otherwise e-bay for less but no warranty.

I would get yourself a spare BB as well while you are at it; finding
one in two years when that BB gives up the ghost may be a bit
difficult.

D'ohBoy

RS wrote:
> I acquired a nice frame partially built up, a Carrera. It has what appears to be a Shimano Octalink BB. Is there a
> compact crank (50-34) that will work with that BB? I'm on the cheap here, trying to avoid changing the BB.
>
> thanks
>
> Rick

Ritchey-