Shimano on Campywheel...?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Henrik Jensen, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Hey.

    My #2 is a good old Peuget steel frame (never mind) with Shimano 105 9-sp.

    I just ruined the rear wheel (the rim cracked) and have borrowed a set of Campy Nukleon wheels.

    They have been used on a Campy Record 9-sp setup, and the cassette housing (?) is still attached.

    What have I got to do to make theses wheels work fine on my Shimano setup? Move the Shimano housing
    from the old wheel? Would a Campy cassette work on a Shimano derr? If so, a 9 or 10 sp? I'm prette
    new to this, so as "graphical" as you can.

    Thanx guys...

    HB

    Tags:

  2. marrone-<< I just ruined the rear wheel (the rim cracked) and have borrowed a set of Campy
    Nukleon wheels. << They have been used on a Campy Record 9-sp setup, and the cassette housing (?)
    is still attached.

    << What have I got to do to make theses wheels work fine on my Shimano setup?

    Put on a Campagnolo 9s cassette and go ride-no other changes neccesary.

    You can swap the Nucleon freehub body to a shimano compatible one(made by Campagnolo) but that's
    really not necessary. You cannot put a shimano freehub body onto the Campagnolo wheel.

    But the simplest is just use a Campagnolo 9s cassette on the Campagnolo wheel, very compatible with
    shimano 9s system.

  3. Will a Campy 10 cluster fit on a Campy 9 freehub?

  4. "Bruce Gilbert" <bgilbert@hal-pc.org> wrote in message
    > Will a Campy 10 cluster fit on a Campy 9 freehub?

    I've a sneaking feeling that Campag 9sp rear hubs (the more recent ones at least) can be used with
    both 9sp and 10sp cassettes, in much the same way that Shimano rear hubs designed for 8sp are also
    9sp compatible without any modification (and vice versa, of course).

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York