Shimano parts

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bt, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Bt

    Bt Guest

    I have an entry level mtb which I use for running errand but the transmission is disappointing. What
    would be a good Shimano range to upgrade to? I do not need performance. Just cheap reliable good
    shifting and transmission. Care to recommand? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "bt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have an entry level mtb which I use for running errand but the transmission is disappointing.
    > What would be a good Shimano range to upgrade to? I do not need performance. Just cheap reliable
    > good shifting and transmission. Care to recommand? Thanks.

    It would be good to know what brand bike you have now. On many bikes, it's easier and cheaper to
    replace the entire bike than replacing the drivetrain. Besides, even the cheapest Shimano stuff
    shifts reliably if it's clean and adjusted properly.

    Jeff

  3. The low end (but still pretty decent) of Shimano would be Sora and Alivio.

    Personally, I'd go with LX. It's a great, inexpensive mid range setup

  4. Bt

    Bt Guest

    Thanks for the informations. As the frame is of unknown brand I will have to weight what will be the
    best course of action. One of the main concern is theft. I am worry a good set might attract
    unnecessory attention. On this subject what will be the best way to secure a bike and its component
    like saddle, etc.

    news:[email protected]...