Shimano PD-R600

plutov

Jun 2, 2004
Is this a good pedal for my first clipless pedal and how does it rate against other pedals in the 100-120 price range?

I just got into riding and only have around 250 miles on my new Trek 1500 and I can already feel the limitations of straps. They come loose easily and just seem to be inefficient.

While ont he subject, how are SIDI shoes? This is what my LBS carries. Thanks.

Randybaker99

Nov 13, 2003
plutov said:
Is this a good pedal for my first clipless pedal and how does it rate against other pedals in the 100-120 price range?

I just got into riding and only have around 250 miles on my new Trek 1500 and I can already feel the limitations of straps. They come loose easily and just seem to be inefficient.

While ont he subject, how are SIDI shoes? This is what my LBS carries. Thanks.

I have these pedals and they are great! They seem to be very well designed, for example 1) after a little practice, I can now just snap my foot into it without having to look down or fumble with my foot; 2) I have only pulled out of them unexpectedly once and I think it was do to dirt on the cleat.

I have tried a few cheaper clipless pedals (and there is no comparison), but none in the $100.00 + range.

Don't know about Sidi shoes yet, but I will be trying some on this fall, looking for a new pair of shoes.