Shimano powermeter crank fit?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by PetterJhon, Dec 26, 2018.

1. PetterJhon

PetterJhon New Member

Hello everyone,,
    I came across a used Stages2 powermeter crank sold as a 105 (5800)
    Is there any reason why it wouldn't fit/work on Ultegra 5750 or Dura-ace shafts? I thought that the Hollowtech II splines were pretty much standard.
    I know this question seems too simple but they offer so many different models. What is the difference? Is it just styling or is there a more complicated answer?

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

ALL Hollowtech II spindles have an Outer Diameter of 24mm & can use the same BB cups.

Dura Ace crankarms usually have a very fancy-schmancy, anodized finish which tends to be fragile ...

Ultegra crankarms tend to be nicely polished ...

105 crankarms are cosmeticlly "plain" by comparison ... a "black" painted finish is an option in some cases.
    The more expensive Shimano cranks generally weigh less ... and, may-or-may-not have alloy chainring bolts.

The chainrings on the more expensive Shimano cranks are BETTER than on the less expensive Shimano cranks.

I do NOT know if the spline on the non-driveside of the spindle varies from crank model to crank model OR if there is a difference in the spline pattern between generations of Hollowtech II cranks.