Shimano r122 - good shoe for me?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jimontherun, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Jimontherun

    Jimontherun Guest

    Hi group

    I am in the market for a new road shoe, I do some racing (I am only a
    4) and i need a shoe that will be stiff, light, and not-so-expensive.

    Nashbar has the Shimano r-122 for about half off (about 60 bucks) so it brings it into my price
    range. I was also looking at some diadora shoes that it seems like everybody has, but they are
    about $80.

    Anybody have these? Are they comfortable? How do they hold up? Are they clod hoppers?

    Thanks in advance

    Jim

    Tags:

  2. Bill Marut

    Bill Marut Guest

    [email protected] (jimontherun) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi group
    >
    > I am in the market for a new road shoe, I do some racing (I am only a
    > 4) and i need a shoe that will be stiff, light, and not-so-expensive.
    >
    > Nashbar has the Shimano r-122 for about half off (about 60 bucks) so it brings it into my price
    > range. I was also looking at some diadora shoes that it seems like everybody has, but they are
    > about $80.
    >
    > Anybody have these? Are they comfortable? How do they hold up? Are they clod hoppers?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jim

    Jim,

    I have the Shimano R-122's and they are an excellent shoe. The price that Nashbar has them for is
    too good to pass up. They are stiff, the bottoms are carbon reinforced with a plastic /
    polycarbonate matrix. The shoe costs something like $165 / 180. I think they are probably last years
    model though, which means nothing but price savings. I would highly recommend buying this shoe if
    they still have your size.

    Bill