Shimano "reach adjustable" ultegra STI

Bobv

Guest
Trek offers Shimano "reach adjustable" ultegra STI levers on some of their Women's Specific Design
bikes. I couldn't find any info on these on the Shimano website.

Can these be purchased separately, or can parts be added to present Ultegra STI's to make them
"reach adjustable"?

My wife has problems with the full size version Ultegra STI levers due to very small hands.

Thanks, Bob

bobv wrote:
> Trek offers Shimano "reach adjustable" ultegra STI levers on some of their Women's Specific Design
> bikes. I couldn't find any info on these on the Shimano website.
>
> Can these be purchased separately, or can parts be added to present Ultegra STI's to make them
> "reach adjustable"?
>
> My wife has problems with the full size version Ultegra STI levers due to very small hands.

We stock these, see: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakes.html

Since she's already got the standard Ultegra brifters, might be worthwhile trying to reduce the
reach on them.

I sometimes do this for my short-fingered customers by padding the flat top surfaces of the moveable
brake levers. I use a layer or two of Cinelli handlebar tape, but I'm sure there are lots of similar
materials that would serve.

Sheldon "Not My Problem--My Fingers Are Very Long" Brown
| And the end of all our exploring | Will be to arrive where we started | And know the place for
| the first time. | --T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets |
+--------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

Thanks for all the help. I did find the Shimano 2003 short reach STI levers on the Super Go site,
but couldn't find them on Sheldon Brown's site. No matter tho, as I think after a good look at the
ones on the Trek Bikes, I willl just modify our almost new Ultegra ones with some homemade shims as
suggested by Sheldon and Mike Jacoubowsky.

I did a google search and did find some shims from Wylder that supposedly fit any Shimano STI
shifter, but it was a UK site and wasn't sure how much they cost and how to order them.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help, Bob

I sell Treks, they are Ultegra STI reach adjustable, they have little wedges that mount under the
hoods to stop the levers coming all the way back. "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>