Shimano read derailleur SIS adjustment?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Marty, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Hey r.b.t.

    When using the adjustment barrel of the read derailleur to perform SIS
    adjustment, the directions say to adjust such that when in gear 2, you just
    start to hear noise as it tries to go to 3 (as you are increasing tension by
    turning the barrel counter-clockwise). The question I have is - what
    chainring should I be in when I'm doing this - big or small? The directions
    are not clear on this issue. I always get it dialed in, but, it would be
    nice to know that I'm following the correct procedure.

    Thanks.
    --
    Marty

    Tags:

  2. Bob Wheeler

    Bob Wheeler Guest

    You want to just remove the noise when on gear 2. You should be using
    the large chainring. You can download the Bartlett's chapter on the rear
    derailleur for free. It is quite informative.

    --
    Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
    ECHIP, Inc. ---

  3. Marty