Shimano SC 6501 problems

macden

Jun 2, 2013
I just re-input all of the data for my wife's bike computer. Now I can't seem to get it to pick up data. Changed batteries and still get nothing. The miles are flashing indicating that it is in the distance recording mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks

check sensor distance (of course) to the magnet, reset computer once again,

Did you replace the sensor battery? If you've got a multimeter, you might want to check the batteries--in the sensor and in the computer--even if they're new. New batteries will eventually die if left on the shelf long enough.

Originally Posted by macden .

I just re-input all of the data for my wife's bike computer. Now I can't seem to get it to pick up data. Changed batteries and still get nothing. The miles are flashing indicating that it is in the distance recording mode. Any suggestions?
Presuming for the moment that YOU also have a FlightDeck computer on your bike, one thing you should consider doing is to isolate the problem by swapping computer heads ...

If there isn't a problem with your wife's computer head in your bike's harness, then you have isolated the problem to your wife's bike's harness ...

If the problem persists, then there may be something wrong with the computer head ...

• check the underside to ensure that neither the A nor B buttons are somehow pressing into the computer head

Of course, check YOUR FlightDeck in your wife's computer harness to see if you can replicate the problem.

Hello,
If the pairing does not complete, remove the battery, then disconnect the electrical cable from the rear derailleur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there! If you're having trouble with pairing, a good first step is to remove the battery and disconnect the electrical cable from the rear derailleur. That usually does the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance or if there's anything else I can help you with. Keep up the cycling adventures! ‍♀️

I understand your frustration with the bike computer not picking up data after re-inputting all the information. It seems like a common issue, and I have a few suggestions that might help.

Firstly, ensure that the bike computer is properly connected to the sensors. Sometimes, re-pairing the device with the sensors can solve the problem. You can do this by resetting the sensors and then re-pairing them with the bike computer.

Secondly, double-check the battery contacts to ensure they are clean and making proper contact. Corrosion or dirt can interfere with the connection and cause the device not to pick up data.

Lastly, if the issue persists, you may want to consider contacting the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps for your device.

I hope these suggestions help, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue.

Best regards,
Ambal

It's worth considering the possibility of a firmware update for your bike computer, as this can often resolve compatibility issues with sensors. Additionally, checking the compatibility of your sensors with your bike computer model is crucial, as not all sensors are compatible with every device. Lastly, using high-quality sensors and bike computer can significantly reduce the chances of encountering such problems.