Shimano showed a new grouppo, Hone, in Copenhagen

> Afraid the text is in Swedish. Apparently, it is becoming available in November.

I used intertran to translate. www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran.cgi Pathetic results.

yeah, that's my guess, too. "DH on a budget"

dave

"Joe Yannie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looks like a freeride version( i.e. cheaper?) of the Saint group, complete with bolt on der. "Per
> Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Shimano showed a new grouppo, in Copenhagen a couple of days ago.
> > http://happymtb.org/artiklar/hone2004/ Afraid the text is in Swedish. Apparently, it is becoming
> > available in November.
> >
> > Per http://lowdin.nu

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 08:53:43 -0600, "onefred" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>yeah, that's my guess, too. "DH on a budget"
>
>dave
>
>"Joe Yannie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Looks like a freeride version( i.e. cheaper?) of the Saint group, complete with bolt on der. "Per
>> Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> > Shimano showed a new grouppo, in Copenhagen a couple of days ago.
>> > http://happymtb.org/artiklar/hone2004/ Afraid the text is in Swedish. Apparently, it is
>> > becoming available in November.
>> >
>> > Per http://lowdin.nu

I though Saint was already cheap, compared with boutique DH products! But I guess if Saint is the
XTR of freeride groups, Hone will be the
XT. Where do they get these names?

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts Your milage may vary

There is some more news on German bike-sites. For instance www.bike-
guide.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5475&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Apparently Hone is a enduro/freeride group bringing saint technology (including hollowtech II crank
and dual-control) at half the cost.

The name is derived from 'honing', a downhill term, where you descent a mountain using only the
rear brake?

Furthermore saint rear hubs will come in a new flavor, 150mm wide. Also rapidfire is overhauled for
other groups. I've heard rumors Shimano is bringing dual-control as an option to more groups and
ultegra will be 10 speed? More news is to follow in coming days.

"gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> There is some more news on German bike-sites. For instance

www.bike-guide.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5475&mode=&order=0 &thold=0

> Apparently Hone is a enduro/freeride group bringing saint technology (including hollowtech II
> crank and dual-control) at half the cost.
>
> The name is derived from 'honing', a downhill term, where you descent a mountain using only the
> rear brake?

yeah, I see Kinky Cowboy just asked about Shimano's naming... That's interesting, thanks for the
education.

BTW, I think "Dura-Ace" is an awesome name for what it is. XTR is sort of unimaginative.

> Furthermore saint rear hubs will come in a new flavor, 150mm wide. Also rapidfire is overhauled
> for other groups. I've heard rumors Shimano is bringing dual-control as an option to more groups
> and ultegra will be 10 speed?

I've heard the Ultegra rumor from two LBS, but that may be wishful thinking on their part. I doubt
they are in the know. I wouldn't mind having a 13-27 10s Ultegra cassette for my bike, tho.

> More news is to follow in coming days.

Dave