Shimano SI downtube shifters - fitting with a clamp ?

roadiesean

Oct 18, 2006
Hi Guys,

Got a small problem with my sons old bike. We have been given some (fairly) old Shimano SIS downtube shifters which are much better than the old no brand friction shifters on his bike, the problem is that there are no mounts on his frame (an old Repco Traveller) and it would seem that I need a clamp (the current ones are fitted by clamp), but one with the "ears" that the shifter arms fit on to.

IN short can you buy such a thing ?? I am a new school rider used to Shimano MTB stuff and Campag road stuff, so old school Shimano is a new thing to me. I need to get this bike back on the road for my 10 year old as soon as possible.

Any help would be fantastic. I am based in Australia, so any directions to websites that might sell such a thing would be great.

Have a sensational day and thanks for your help.

Sean

I've in fact tried selling the same clamps over Trade Me a few months ago, they didn't sell. It's a pity that your're in Ozzie. Do you have contacts in new zealand?

xxamr_corpxx said:
I've in fact tried selling the same clamps over Trade Me a few months ago, they didn't sell. It's a pity that your're in Ozzie. Do you have contacts in new zealand?
Hi, could you sell them to me ? How much do you want for them ? I would be happy to do Paypal, or send a money order and you could post them to me.... send an email to sparr (AT) hutt - lancaster (all one word lose the hyphen) (dot) come (lose the e) (dot) au - sorry about the stupid typing, but I have been spammed endlessly from similar forums in the past.

Let me know
Cheers
Sean

It might be better in fact to buy an old 10 speed bike locally that has those clamps than to deal with shipping internationally and transaction fees (which my bank charges $35 for). The ones I'm selling are from an old Healing 10 speed and aren't exactly in mint condition. Perhaps you could try looking through ebay or something.