Shimano Sora Triple Help

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Lefty, Jan 30, 2003.

  1. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
    crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
    required length for a double? Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the
    Sora model).

    Thanks, Lefty

    Tags:

  2. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "lefty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
    > crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
    > required length for a double? Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the
    > Sora model).
    >
    > Thanks, Lefty

    Spend a bit more and get at least 105.

    Graham

  3. lefty wrote:
    > I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
    > crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
    > required length for a double?

    Doubles are easy, anything can handle a double.

    > Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the Sora model).

    Using a "triple" shifter with a double chainring allows you to set it up to use one of the positions
    for "trim" if you need it.

    Worst case scenario: you migh need to "double" pump the shifter to make the shift, but most likely
    this won't be necessary.

    Sheldon "I'd Buy Sora If It Came In 9-speed" Brown
    | The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water, | and breeds reptiles of the mind.
    | --William Blake |

  4. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    Thanks Sheldon & Graham, I've got all my $ tied up in my 83 DeRosa Super Prestige and 72 Holdsworth
    Record. This is my goof around Porshe Bike-R. I got a freebie frame - so I'm trying to go for least
    $, so far $120 input and all thats left are shifters. Not bad for a Porsche.

    Lefty