Shimano Sora Triple Help

Lefty

Guest
I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
required length for a double? Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the
Sora model).

Thanks, Lefty

"lefty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
> crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
> required length for a double? Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the
> Sora model).
>
> Thanks, Lefty

Spend a bit more and get at least 105.

Graham

lefty wrote:
> I am thinking about buying a Shimano Sora Shifter/brake levers (ST3303), but I have a double ring
> crank. Will this lever work, or is the cable pull for a triple too short to move the chain the
> required length for a double?

Doubles are easy, anything can handle a double.

> Can proper trimming make it work (or is there no trim feature on the Sora model).

Using a "triple" shifter with a double chainring allows you to set it up to use one of the positions
for "trim" if you need it.

Worst case scenario: you migh need to "double" pump the shifter to make the shift, but most likely
this won't be necessary.

Sheldon "I'd Buy Sora If It Came In 9-speed" Brown
| The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water, | and breeds reptiles of the mind.
| --William Blake |

Thanks Sheldon & Graham, I've got all my $ tied up in my 83 DeRosa Super Prestige and 72 Holdsworth
Record. This is my goof around Porshe Bike-R. I got a freebie frame - so I'm trying to go for least
$, so far $120 input and all thats left are shifters. Not bad for a Porsche.

Lefty