Shimano SPD-R light weight replacement cleats?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Henty, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. Henty

    Henty Guest

    Hi there

    I've recently purchased some SPD-R pedals and shoes on
    special (Shimano R211 Shoes + R535 SPD-R Pedals). Since
    Shimano is discontinuing this series I think it will be wise
    to purchase some spare cleats while I still can.

    I've noticed that the SPD-R cleats that came with the
    pedals are rather heavy which seems a shame since the shoes
    are light.

    Does anyone know of any lighweight, but strong, SPD-R
    compatible cleats?

    Thanks Henty

    --
    hentyw @ innoforge.com

    Tags:

  2. henty-<< Does anyone know of any lighweight, but strong, SPD-
    R compatible cleats? >><BR><BR>

    Like many things shimano and not licensed, the shimano
    cleats are the only ones available.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > henty-<< Does anyone know of any lighweight, but strong,
    > SPD-R compatible cleats? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Like many things shimano and not licensed, the shimano
    > cleats are the only ones available.

    I believe Ritchey (sp?) took over the license. They
    manufacture the SPD-R still. Not sure where can you get
    their cleats but I guess places that sell the pedals (Excel,
    CC, Performancebike ...).

  4. [email protected] (Richard Chan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in
    > message news:<[email protected]
    > m25.aol.com>...
    > > henty-<< Does anyone know of any lighweight, but strong,
    > > SPD-R compatible cleats? >><BR><BR>
    > >
    > > Like many things shimano and not licensed, the shimano
    > > cleats are the only ones available.
    >
    > I believe Ritchey (sp?) took over the license. They
    > manufacture the SPD-R still. Not sure where can you get
    > their cleats but I guess places that sell the pedals
    > (Excel, CC, Performancebike ...).

    The cleats aren't compatible as far as I can tell. I've got
    SPD-R DA and Ritchey V3 Pros. I use have to use different
    shoes for each.

    -a