shimano stx crank - what length bottom bracket?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kelling, May 25, 2003.

  1. Kelling

    Kelling Guest

    does anyone know what length bottom bracket spindle i need for a shimano stx crankset? is it a
    standard length or does it vary depending on... what?

    i have a 68x127 bb on my old (1996?) trek 930 and picked up an inexpensive new shimano stx crankset
    and the bb is clearly too long.

    thanks much,

    david

    Tags:

  2. Bill Kingson

    Bill Kingson Guest

    On 24 May 2003 23:31:36 -0700, [email protected] (Kelling) wrote:

    >does anyone know what length bottom bracket spindle i need for a shimano stx crankset? is it a
    >standard length or does it vary depending on... what?

    In an Internet search I found the following specs page for "STX-RC 1997"

    http://www23.brinkster.com/equipoacrobatic/tecSTXRC97.htm

    Bill Kingson Caribou, Maine