Shimano to campy

Good morning Ric :)

Thanks very much, am considering swapping to a Pinarello and Shimano just wouldn't be right!
How long does it take to swap? Also a rough price guide or RRP would be good.
Thanks again.

DesFlurane said:
Good morning Ric :)

Thanks very much, am considering swapping to a Pinarello and Shimano just wouldn't be right!
How long does it take to swap? Also a rough price guide or RRP would be good.
Thanks again.

It takes about a couple of minutes to swap. Take the cassette off, undo the freehub, change a couple washers, put new freehub on, put new cassette on.

I believe the recommended retail price in the UK is UK£50, but that price may have just come down or be about to come down.

Ric

ric_stern/RST said:
It takes about a couple of minutes to swap. Take the cassette off, undo the freehub, change a couple washers, put new freehub on, put new cassette on.

I believe the recommended retail price in the UK is UK£50, but that price may have just come down or be about to come down.

Ric
Is that a general price redution for PT:)

Thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds great.

Now to decide whether I need a new car or a Pinny Prince?
It's an easy one really as there's nothing wrong with a 2 year old car is there?
Real question is do I sell my R3 for a set of Lightweights/Boras?
Or use the R3 for my commute and a set of 404s for the Prince?
Lovely decisions to make :D

I am thinking of doing this also. I will be switching the other way (Campy to Shimano) so I can train on my cross bike with power. I thought you needed to re-dish the rear wheel. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks.

I left the shimano on as you can run a cheap cassette, and I got a great deal on a Sram cassette. I have no issues running my campy stuff with shimano. Just a thought.

There is no need to re-dish the wheel. Changing the freehub body will allow you to switch either way. You can also use a shimano wheel with Campy mechs by using a conversion cassette which I think shift just fine.

I also use my campy powertap wheel with campy cassette on my shimano TT bike all the time without problems. Since it has bar end shifters that can use either index or friction mode shifting is not a problem when using a campy cassette and shimano rear mech. Then a twist of a knob and I can go back to index mode for my shimano disc wheel.