Shimano Tourney derailleur + Acera shifters?

Went away for a few days so no internet accwss. Got back & clicked on cycling forum in favourites then spent the next 20 mins wondering if I was on the right forum.

Totally different look, orange text & not able to find some of the threads I was watching.

Those I did find are harder to read due to the orange text.

I'm getting emails to say posts I've subscribed to have new posts but the link fails to take me there.

Sorry but I think it was better before the 'improvements'.

Originally Posted by Mak'em Lad .

Went away for a few days so no internet accwss. Got back & clicked on cycling forum in favourites then spent the next 20 mins wondering if I was on the right forum.

Totally different look, orange text & not able to find some of the threads I was watching.

Those I did find are harder to read due to the orange text.

I'm getting emails to say posts I've subscribed to have new posts but the link fails to take me there.

Sorry but I think it was better before the 'improvements'.
Hi there

We're still missing some posts, they should reappear soon. We will be considering changing the link colour, can you tell me what colour you would rather see used?

The orange is pretty clear and readable for me, on both my laptop and desktop. Perhaps you can give me an idea of your system set up or send me a screen shot?

thanks

Originally Posted by steve .  

The orange is pretty clear and readable for me, on both my laptop and desktop. Perhaps you can give me an idea of your system set up or send me a screen shot?

thanks
Anything that provides more contrast between the orange and white would be good for me. Even darkening all of the orange to the same level as the "Post a reply" button would work.

My eyes are pretty bad and to be honest I don't find it that hard on my eyes , but like the poster above suggested darkening the orange to the same as the "post areply" button would probably help

To me it was more about navigating around to find my way, all in all though its looking pretty darn smart /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Hi there

We're still missing some posts, they should reappear soon. We will be considering changing the link colour, can you tell me what colour you would rather see used?

thanks
Steve, one of my feedback comments when testing the demo version was that the orange/yellow washed out in bright light conditions. The key to readability is contrast and in some situations, there is not enough contrast between the colours you have chosen and the background, and that does make it difficult to read. I think once you have sorted out the teething problems associated with the migration to new software, you should consider adding another skin, maybe in blue or blue/green.

I can see the orange color on the links, but I think blue would be a better color for them. Still distinguishable from text but more contrasting against a light background.

Thanks for the great feedback. Next week there should be some changes to the header and blue links are also likely to get the go ahead.

Thanks for the great feedback. Next week there should be some changes to the header and blue links are also likely to get the go ahead.
Thanks for all your efforts Steve - really appreciated /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by Serious Chris .

Was successfully logging in to your own account not evidence enough?

The problem was that my user name & password had been lost (had to retype ALL passwords, ebay yahoo messenger, forums etc. all lost after a windows update) so it only took me to the sign in page. Several attempts to login failed and viewing the forum I was unable to see ANY post I had been following a few days before although the main heading (road cycle, MTB etc.) were there. Next day I was able to log in, password & name accepted this time).

As for the colour, it's the orange that's not nice for me. As others say there's not enough contrast. Personally I prefer black & bold black but blue would be fine as long as it was a darker shade rather than one closer to cyan.

I suppose you get used to things & when a change comes along that you weren't expecting you either love it or hate it for the first few days/weeks.

Thanks for the replies.

To be honest, the other layout was more user-friendly IMO. This looks more "modern" maybe, and sharper, but only time will tell and gotta get used to it I guess.

Couple of Q's:

What happened to the store ?

How come I can't copy my own text while still typing in the box ? (sometimes when I'm typing a long post, I like to copy what I've written already so in case of a page freeze or error, I can paste at least what I wrote. It doesn't let me 'copy/cut' it.

Originally Posted by Mak'em Lad .

As for the colour, it's the orange that's not nice for me. As others say there's not enough contrast. Personally I prefer black & bold black but blue would be fine as long as it was a darker shade rather than one closer to cyan.

Hi there

The orange will be changed to either black or dark blue this week. We have several bug fixes and feature requests queued up, I will post about them when they're completed. The main priority at the moment is importing the few million missing posts /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by gman0482 .

To be honest, the other layout was more user-friendly IMO. This looks more "modern" maybe, and sharper, but only time will tell and gotta get used to it I guess.

Couple of Q's:

What happened to the store ?

How come I can't copy my own text while still typing in the box ? (sometimes when I'm typing a long post, I like to copy what I've written already so in case of a page freeze or error, I can paste at least what I wrote. It doesn't let me 'copy/cut' it.

About the copy-and-paste issue, the way this platform uses raw HTML as opposed to BB code has been interfering with some of Firefox's functionality. You can still drag the mouse over text you want to select, then press Control-C on your keyboard to copy, then use Control-V to paste.

I'm getting e-mail notifications but clicking on the link doesn't get me in to the forum, is that one of the bugs your looking at?

I'm getting used to the new style (almost can't remember remember what it was like before but then age does that to the memory /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif) but looking forward to the new text colour.

Thanks Cyber, (at least someone wrote me back) /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

So what about that store ???

And the function that showed where everyone is was nice. Not important but nice. Also, when you multi-quote, how can you write between each post ?

Originally Posted by kdelong .

Anything that provides more contrast between the orange and white would be good for me. Even darkening all of the orange to the same level as the "Post a reply" button would work.

Greg,

Originally Posted by matagi .

Steve, one of my feedback comments when testing the demo version was that the orange/yellow washed out in bright light conditions. The key to readability is contrast and in some situations, there is not enough contrast between the colours you have chosen and the background, and that does make it difficult to read. I think once you have sorted out the teething problems associated with the migration to new software, you should consider adding another skin, maybe in blue or blue/green.

Did you mean...

Originally Posted by cyberlegend1994 .

I can see the orange color on the links, but I think blue would be a better color for them. Still distinguishable from text but more contrasting against a light background.
...posting in between multiqoutes....

Originally Posted by gman0482 .

Thanks Cyber, (at least someone wrote me back) /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

So what about that store ???

And the function that showed where everyone is was nice. Not important but nice. Also, when you multi-quote, how can you write between each post ?

like this?

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Just click the multi-quote button on each reply you want to include, then also click the single quote button on the last thread you want to include.

Then just position the cursor below each quote and fill in your comments...

Thank you Steve, and all of the Mods for your hard work to make this a better forum and for keeping us updated. I think that I will really like the new format as soon as I can read it for more than five minutes before resting my eyes for awhile/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif.