Shimano Ultegra Road pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by tankman10024, Dec 1, 2006.

1. tankman10024

tankman10024 New Member

I just want to hear the pro's and con's from riders who have this pedal

Thx
    tankman

Tags:

2. jrstevens

jrstevens New Member

I'm on my second set. pretty much no nonsense design. basically put'em on and forget about them. I guess they lack high-end features but for a pedal you can get for ~$100 on Ebay they're a good bargain. I've never clipped out unexpectedly and have gotten to the point of not needing to look down to clip in the majority of the time.

JS

3. rek

rek New Member

Pros

+ nicely priced
    + very easy to clip in to/out of
    + cleats are about the most walkable of any road pedal system

Cons

- heavy (compared to Look Keo etc.)
    - if you don't replace the black rubber pedal wear-plate in time the pedal body wears and introduces vertical play

4. rschleicher

rschleicher New Member

I like mine a lot. As said above they are slightly heavier than the Look Keo, but I liked the idea of an alloy pedal platform. There are lots of E-bay sales of brand new pedals that end up being around $90 including shipping. I looked around for a while for used ones, but found that most of the lightly-used ones ended up being bid up to almost as much as the new pedals. Basically the ebay price for the Ultegra pedals is about the same as a bike shop price for the somewhat less nice 105-grade pedal.

The one thing the Shimano pedals don't do is have an adjustable float. It is just determined by the version of cleat used. But the yellow-tipped cleats that give 6 degrees of float are fine for me.

5. tankman10024

tankman10024 New Member

thx for the info

ride safe

tankman