Shimano WH-R540 alternatives?

The one thing that bothers me with low spoke count rims (especially the front wheel that was shown) is if you break a spoke, a lot of stress is put on the remaining spoke and almost a quarter of the rim. A broke spoke at speed would the rim to go out of round pretty quickly if the rim was designed for the sort of load and/or you have non-lightweight on the bike.:confused:

Falcodore said:
The one thing that bothers me with low spoke count rims (especially the front wheel that was shown) is if you break a spoke, a lot of stress is put on the remaining spoke and almost a quarter of the rim. A broke spoke at speed would the rim to go out of round pretty quickly if the rim was designed for the sort of load and/or you have non-lightweight on the bike.:confused:
I'm pretty sure that the 540 is instantly unrideable when it breaks a spoke. So is the 550/560, for that matter.

Peter@vecchios said:
Just for info-1880 grams..even a 105 hubset/OpenPro/14/15 32 spokes, brass nipples is 200 grams lighter
Just to reclaim myself, I did by no means, mean that the WH-R540 was a light or even aero or a wheel that I would recomend, I was speaking of paired spokes wheels in general and why they pair the spokes or "how they answer the needed question".

One point to take is that this shimano wheel is no longer even in production, thats got to say something.