Shimano XT M875 trail pedals

velocipede1

Apr 13, 2012
I'm thinking about getting these, however this video doesn't give an exact weight. Does anyone know if these will be too heavy to use for road cycling?

Originally Posted by velocipede1 .

I'm thinking about getting these, however this video doesn't give an exact weight. Does anyone know if these will be too heavy to use for road cycling?

The weight of those pedals wont be an issue for road riding. I have a set on my MTB, they're very easy to clip into.

Thanks, I think i'm going to go ahead with them. The larger platform seems like a definite advantage for someone who isn't a hardcore roadie.

For what it's worth, I have a version like this but it has a flat platform on one side. I use it on my commuting bike and occasionally ride the platforms with regular shoes when running errands, going to dinner, etc. Getting into the SPD side is easy so I don't feel the need for double sided SPD mechanisms. (I clip in and out quite a lot on my commute and they are weighted so that the SPD part is angled up when off of it.) But I guess if you always will be using cycling shoes perhaps these will be a bit faster to get into sometimes.