Shimano's lack of innovation or Elitism?

Evan Evans

Guest
Innovation? Who needs innovation? I long for the good old days when Campy was king. In those days
cycling was an art form and cyclist were real men. For example , It took practice to develop the
proper technique needed to make a clean gear change. Now its just "click",anyone can do it! The same
go's for breaking. In the old days we didn't care if we couldn't stop in the rain. What's a little
road rash? I wore it as a badge of courage! I was proud! Now anyone can stop anytime under any
conditions. The passion, the adventure has all but vanished from the sport. All in the name of
innovation. Sad how sad............

"Evan Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Innovation? Who needs innovation? I long for the good old days when Campy was king. In those days
> cycling was an art form and cyclist were real men. For example , It took practice to develop the
> proper technique needed to make a clean gear change. Now its just "click",anyone can do it! The
> same go's for breaking. In the old days we didn't care if we couldn't stop in the rain. What's a
> little road rash? I wore it as a badge of courage! I was proud! Now anyone can stop anytime under
> any conditions. The passion, the adventure has all but vanished from the sport. All in the name of
> innovation. Sad how sad............

Sounds like you need a whiff of testosterone. Check out the "Brakes on a Fixie" thread.

--Josh

"Evan Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Innovation? Who needs innovation? I long for the good old days when Campy was king. In those days
> cycling was an art form and cyclist were real men. For example , It took practice to develop the
> proper technique needed to make a clean gear change. Now its just "click",anyone can do it! The
> same go's for breaking. In the old days we didn't care if we couldn't stop in the rain. What's a
> little road rash? I wore it as a badge of courage! I was proud! Now anyone can stop anytime under
> any conditions. The passion, the adventure has all but vanished from the sport. All in the name of
> innovation. Sad how sad............

Riding is safer (barring cars) now than it ever has been before.

Advice:
1. Ride old bikes that need proper technique for a clean gear change.
2. Crash intentionally and frequently to show off your badges of courage.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Ha ha. Sarcasm. I get it.

"Evan Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Innovation? Who needs innovation? I long for the good old days when Campy was king. In those days
> cycling was an art form and cyclist were real men. For example , It took practice to develop the
> proper technique needed to make a clean gear change. Now its just "click",anyone can do it! The
> same go's for breaking. In the old days we didn't care if we couldn't stop in the rain. What's a
> little road rash? I wore it as a badge of courage! I was proud! Now anyone can stop anytime under
> any conditions. The passion, the adventure has all but vanished from the sport. All in the name of
> innovation. Sad how sad............

>Innovation? Who needs innovation? I long for the good old days when Campy was king. In those days
>cycling was an art form and cyclist were real men. For example , It took practice to develop the
>proper technique needed to make a clean gear change. Now its just "click",anyone can do it! The
>same go's for breaking. In the old days we didn't care if we couldn't stop in the rain. What's a
>little road rash? I wore it as a badge of courage! I was proud! Now anyone can stop anytime under
>any conditions. The passion, the adventure has all but vanished from the sport. All in the name of
>innovation. Sad how sad............

You lament getting less road rash?? disconnect your front brake and ride like in the old days. Just
don't ride near me.
Alex