shimino sti shifters

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Carson, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Carson

    Carson Guest

    i got a used bike with these shifters. just put it together and shifted into highest gear on rear
    wheel by continually pushing shifter downwards. now, how do you get it back up? not kidding. only
    have used the ones on the handle on a mountain bike before. this is my first racing bike. it's an
    older model specialized... thanks.

    Tags:

  2. >Zeke<

    >Zeke< Guest

    Push the brake lever the same direction as the other lever?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. In article <[email protected]>, carson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >i got a used bike with these shifters. just put it together and shifted into highest gear on rear
    >wheel by continually pushing shifter downwards. now, how do you get it back up? not kidding.

    With Shimano dual control levers, try pressing the entire brake lever inward (not the same as
    applying the brake) to shift the opposite direction as pressing the small lever behind the brake
    lever shifts it.

    Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
    provided with this message.

  4. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    Also, make sure you only do it while you're pedaling forward.

    "Timothy J. Lee" wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, carson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >i got a used bike with these shifters. just put it together and shifted into highest gear on rear
    > >wheel by continually pushing shifter downwards. now, how do you get it back up? not kidding.
    >
    > With Shimano dual control levers, try pressing the entire brake lever inward (not the same as
    > applying the brake) to shift the opposite direction as pressing the small lever behind the brake
    > lever shifts it.

    > Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
    > provided with this message.

  5. Carson

    Carson Guest

    That was it! Thanks guys!