shimino sti shifters

Carson

Guest
i got a used bike with these shifters. just put it together and shifted into highest gear on rear
wheel by continually pushing shifter downwards. now, how do you get it back up? not kidding. only
have used the ones on the handle on a mountain bike before. this is my first racing bike. it's an
older model specialized... thanks.

Push the brake lever the same direction as the other lever?

news:[email protected]...

In article <[email protected]>, carson <[email protected]> wrote:
>i got a used bike with these shifters. just put it together and shifted into highest gear on rear
>wheel by continually pushing shifter downwards. now, how do you get it back up? not kidding.

With Shimano dual control levers, try pressing the entire brake lever inward (not the same as
applying the brake) to shift the opposite direction as pressing the small lever behind the brake
lever shifts it.

Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
provided with this message.

Also, make sure you only do it while you're pedaling forward.