Shin mash

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Mar 13, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)

    It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of my
    shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

    And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
    >
    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    How'd you find floorboards light enough to match your skintone?!?

    Bill "you needed some scars, anyway" S.

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

    Serves you right for playing with them nasty little wheels (alt.bmx x-post cropped to protect the
    innocent)........

    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    My word. Now that's an English leg.

    Extra points awarded for the sock staining worthy of a Persil advert.

    You done good mate.

    Andy Chequer

  4. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
    >
    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    Did you cry?

    Are you still crying?

    If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that bad once or twice in
    my youth...

    I think I cried the entire time between occurences.

    darsh

  5. Justin

    Justin Guest

    > Did you cry?
    >
    > Are you still crying?
    >
    > If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that
    bad
    > once or twice in my youth...
    >
    > I think I cried the entire time between occurences.
    >
    > darsh

    Pussy, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to it, kickflips with no
    shinpads = bleeding shins

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:32:24 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    >pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    >It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of my
    >shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
    >
    >And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    >whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    >http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    Ouch!

    :-]

  7. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    bomba wrote:
    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
    >
    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    Hehe. At least you were using these:
    http://www.webcyclery.com/.docs/product_id/27/category_name/Platform+Pedals/pg/product_detail.html

    Just ordered a pair of SIXSIXONE 4x4 shin guards. Not the Shinburger pedals though.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  8. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Justin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > Pussy, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to
    it,
    > kickflips with no shinpads = bleeding shins

    But why? No,really. WHY would you actually WANT do that? LOL!

    Westie

  9. Jed Thompson

    Jed Thompson Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)

    But the real question is... how's your taint? Yeow!

    Jed Thompson

  10. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

  11. Justin

    Justin Guest

    *Barfs all over the place after watching video*

    Can't stand that medical room bullshit, when i get a gash i put some paper towels on it and tape it
    on (duct tape is not a good idea) Now that I just watched that i'm going to bed to have nightmares
    of people inserting needles into my open wounds.

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Darsh wrote:

    >>And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    >>whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    >>http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG
    >

    > Did you cry?

    Surprisingly, it didn't actually hurt that much. Sure, I got off the bike and marched around a bit.
    And the German kids learnt some new English words :) But after that it wasn't too bad. I put it down
    to the fact that I've been beating my shins like this for well over ten years now and I reckon I'm
    either really used to it, or a load of the nerve endings are dead.

    > Are you still crying?

    No, but my leg's still weeping...

  13. Justin wrote in message ...

    >> Did you cry?
    >>
    >> Are you still crying?
    >>
    >> If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that
    >bad
    >> once or twice in my youth...
    >>
    >> I think I cried the entire time between occurences.
    >>
    >> darsh
    >>

    >Pussy, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to
    it,
    >kickflips with no shinpads = bleeding shins

    s'true, sometimes a fair whack in the shins gets the adrenalin going and you can actually ride
    better. In your case though bomba, it looks like you took it a bit too far - ouch. Did you manage
    to ride out of it? or are you too scared to show us the picture of your face after it piled into
    the floor..

    BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

    Steve E.

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[)* wrote:

    > s'true, sometimes a fair whack in the shins gets the adrenalin going and you can actually ride
    > better. In your case though bomba, it looks like you took it a bit too far - ouch. Did you manage
    > to ride out of it?

    Yup. Much better than the last time which involved a handrail...

    or are you too
    > scared to show us the picture of your face after it piled into the floor..
    >
    > BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

    It's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
    >
    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    WTF!!!??? - _Is that it_?!?

    You fecking wuss - I've seen more painful and scarier looking milk spillages. Last time I did that
    to my shin, it took me a week to find out, and then only 'cos someone else pointed it out to me. In
    fact, I can't even believe you have so little shame as to post pictures of that scratch here.

    Shaun aRe sooooo not impressed.

  16. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a
    > > half pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > Just remember, chicks dig scars. Especially the ones removing grit from
    you
    > in the operating room.
    >
    > Didja ever see my little video escapade in the emergency room???
    >
    > http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewreck.wmv (24mb hi res)
    >
    > http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewrecksmall.wmv (4mb shitty res)

    Ohhh yeah! Nothing like giving them a challenge. "Let's see this bit goes here and that bit
    goes there..."

    Mike - at least it's on your right leg. ;^)

  17. Illchyld

    Illchyld Guest

    > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
    > pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
    > my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

    haha, its real pretty....

    > And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
    > whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

    Yep, I think we can all say thats a familiar site. I think next time I get a real bad shin bite, I
    will post it. The closest I got to a real bad fall latley was at a park, I fell so hard I actually
    cracked my knee pad...time to put some rivets in it...

  18. Justin

    Justin Guest

    > BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?
    >
    > Steve E.

    I think it is because there is no pigment in the tissue because of the trauma, i have this line on
    my arm that u can see bright as day even when i'm sporting my redneck style tan.

  19. > BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

    My scar tissue is usually darker than the rest of my skin.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  20. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a
    > > half pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
    >
    > Just remember, chicks dig scars. Especially the ones removing grit from
    you
    > in the operating room.
    >
    > Didja ever see my little video escapade in the emergency room???
    >
    > http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewreck.wmv (24mb hi res)
    >
    > http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewrecksmall.wmv (4mb shitty res)

    I love that Doctor: "...kinda tack it down best we can..." "You're young and healthy, things'll
    probably work out OK" "...even then there's no guarantee..."

    The needles are OK. The stitching is OK. But the bit where he rubs hard it to get the crap out just
    makes me cringe... I hate little trees.

    Westie