Shin mash

Bomba

Guest
This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)

It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of my
shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
>
> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

How'd you find floorboards light enough to match your skintone?!?

Bill "you needed some scars, anyway" S.

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

Serves you right for playing with them nasty little wheels (alt.bmx x-post cropped to protect the
innocent)........

> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

My word. Now that's an English leg.

Extra points awarded for the sock staining worthy of a Persil advert.

You done good mate.

Andy Chequer

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
>
> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

Did you cry?

Are you still crying?

If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that bad once or twice in
my youth...

I think I cried the entire time between occurences.

darsh

> Did you cry?
>
> Are you still crying?
>
> If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that
bad
> once or twice in my youth...
>
> I think I cried the entire time between occurences.
>
> darsh

*****, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to it, kickflips with no
shinpads = bleeding shins

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:32:24 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
>pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
>It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of my
>shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
>
>And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
>whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
>http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

Ouch!

:-]

bomba wrote:
> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
>
> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

Hehe. At least you were using these:
http://www.webcyclery.com/.docs/product_id/27/category_name/Platform+Pedals/pg/product_detail.html

Just ordered a pair of SIXSIXONE 4x4 shin guards. Not the Shinburger pedals though.

--

FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

"Justin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>
> *****, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to
it,
> kickflips with no shinpads = bleeding shins

But why? No,really. WHY would you actually WANT do that? LOL!

Westie

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)

But the real question is... how's your taint? Yeow!

Jed Thompson

*Barfs all over the place after watching video*

Can't stand that medical room ********, when i get a gash i put some paper towels on it and tape it
on (duct tape is not a good idea) Now that I just watched that i'm going to bed to have nightmares
of people inserting needles into my open wounds.

Darsh wrote:

>>And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
>>whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
>>http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG
>

> Did you cry?

Surprisingly, it didn't actually hurt that much. Sure, I got off the bike and marched around a bit.
And the German kids learnt some new English words :) But after that it wasn't too bad. I put it down
to the fact that I've been beating my shins like this for well over ten years now and I reckon I'm
either really used to it, or a load of the nerve endings are dead.

> Are you still crying?

No, but my leg's still weeping...

Justin wrote in message ...

>> Did you cry?
>>
>> Are you still crying?
>>
>> If anything is going to make me cry, that is it. I think I did it that
>bad
>> once or twice in my youth...
>>
>> I think I cried the entire time between occurences.
>>
>> darsh
>>

>*****, i don't even feel that anymore, after so many times u get used to
it,
>kickflips with no shinpads = bleeding shins

s'true, sometimes a fair whack in the shins gets the adrenalin going and you can actually ride
better. In your case though bomba, it looks like you took it a bit too far - ouch. Did you manage
to ride out of it? or are you too scared to show us the picture of your face after it piled into
the floor..

BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

Steve E.

spademan o---[)* wrote:

> s'true, sometimes a fair whack in the shins gets the adrenalin going and you can actually ride
> better. In your case though bomba, it looks like you took it a bit too far - ouch. Did you manage
> to ride out of it?

Yup. Much better than the last time which involved a handrail...

or are you too
> scared to show us the picture of your face after it piled into the floor..
>
> BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

It's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG
>
> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

WTF!!!??? - _Is that it_?!?

You fecking wuss - I've seen more painful and scarier looking milk spillages. Last time I did that
to my shin, it took me a week to find out, and then only 'cos someone else pointed it out to me. In
fact, I can't even believe you have so little shame as to post pictures of that scratch here.

Shaun aRe sooooo not impressed.

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WNcca.73200$F1.2473@sccrnsc04...

> > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a
> > half pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> Just remember, chicks dig scars. Especially the ones removing grit from
you
> in the operating room.
>
> Didja ever see my little video escapade in the emergency room???
>
> http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewreck.wmv (24mb hi res)
>
> http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewrecksmall.wmv (4mb shitty res)

Ohhh yeah! Nothing like giving them a challenge. "Let's see this bit goes here and that bit
goes there..."

Mike - at least it's on your right leg. ;^)

> This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a half
> pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> It's not very clear, but if you look closely, next to the 'P' on the pedals, you can see bits of
> my shin, and there are leg hairs on the pins. http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010006.JPG

haha, its real pretty....

> And this is the state of my leg (warning: welders goggles may be required to screen you from the
> whiteness of my legs): http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/p1010001.JPG
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010002.JPG http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shin/P1010004.JPG

Yep, I think we can all say thats a familiar site. I think next time I get a real bad shin bite, I
will post it. The closest I got to a real bad fall latley was at a park, I fell so hard I actually
cracked my knee pad...time to put some rivets in it...

> BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?
>
> Steve E.

I think it is because there is no pigment in the tissue because of the trauma, i have this line on
my arm that u can see bright as day even when i'm sporting my redneck style tan.

> BTW Has anyone else noticed that scar tissue doesn't tan?

My scar tissue is usually darker than the rest of my skin.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WNcca.73200$F1.2473@sccrnsc04...

> > This evening, in semi-darkness, I missed the pedal coming down from a no-footed air out of a
> > half pipe. I thought I'd capture the aftermath for everyone's pleasure :)
>
> Just remember, chicks dig scars. Especially the ones removing grit from
you
> in the operating room.
>
> Didja ever see my little video escapade in the emergency room???
>
> http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewreck.wmv (24mb hi res)
>
> http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bikewrecksmall.wmv (4mb shitty res)

I love that Doctor: "...kinda tack it down best we can..." "You're young and healthy, things'll
probably work out OK" "...even then there's no guarantee..."

The needles are OK. The stitching is OK. But the bit where he rubs hard it to get the **** out just
makes me cringe... I hate little trees.

Westie