Shipping a bike interstate

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Travis, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Can anyone recommend a courier company for shipping a bike from Sydney
    to Perth?

    Time isn't absolutely critical, if it takes a few weeks I can live with
    that. Price and receiving the bike in one piece are much more
    important.

    Tags:

  2. Davidm

    Davidm Guest

    "Travis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone recommend a courier company for shipping a bike from Sydney
    > to Perth?
    >
    > Time isn't absolutely critical, if it takes a few weeks I can live with
    > that. Price and receiving the bike in one piece are much more
    > important.

    http://www.busfreight.com.au/ got my two trikes to Perth. Very much gentler
    ride than a truck, and possibly the cheapest way as well.

    Cheers
    David M

  3. In aus.bicycle on Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:26:58 +0800
    Davidm <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.busfreight.com.au/ got my two trikes to Perth. Very much gentler
    > ride than a truck, and possibly the cheapest way as well.

    They are even used to taking unboxed bikes I believe, as backpackers
    just chuck 'em in.

    Have to ask before assuming though!

    Zebee

  4. BrettS

    BrettS Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a courier company for shipping a bike from Sydney
    > to Perth?
    >
    > Time isn't absolutely critical, if it takes a few weeks I can live with
    > that. Price and receiving the bike in one piece are much more
    > important.

    If time is not crucial, why don't you ride it over?

    <ducks>
    --
    BrettS

  5. Donga

    Donga Guest

    BrettS:
    >If time is not crucial, why don't you ride it over?

    You'd have to be Japanese - that would be into a headwind.

    Donga

  6. DeF

    DeF Guest

    BrettS wrote:
    > Travis wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a courier company for shipping a bike from Sydney
    >> to Perth?
    >>
    >> Time isn't absolutely critical, if it takes a few weeks I can live with
    >> that. Price and receiving the bike in one piece are much more
    >> important.
    >>

    > If time is not crucial, why don't you ride it over?
    >

    > <ducks>
    > --
    > BrettS

    This is on my riding "to do" list. Ride Perth
    to Adelaide. Done a bit of touring in my time,
    figure it could be done in 2 weeks (approx 2700km).
    Travelling light, obviously.

    When oh when will I have two weeks to throw away
    on such a jaunt?

    DeF

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  7. On 2006-03-09, Donga <[email protected]> wrote:
    > BrettS:
    >>If time is not crucial, why don't you ride it over?

    > You'd have to be Japanese - that would be into a headwind.

    No, it's from Sydney -- so all the hot air would be from behind.

    ;)

  8. MalP

    MalP New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2006
    Or just plain keen: http://tinyurl.com/fnnfs

  9. Travis

    Travis Guest

    BrettS wrote:

    > If time is not crucial, why don't you ride it over?
    >

    > <ducks>

    Or I could advertise it as a hire bike for someone wanting to cycle
    from Sydney to Perth. :p

    What should I charge them? :)