shipping bicycle to France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Joey Oliver, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Joey Oliver

    Joey Oliver Guest

    Does anybody know of a shipping company that I can use to send my bike ahead of time to meet me at
    my hotel in Toulouse, France at the beginning of a 2 week tour?

    Tags:

  2. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    I went to Aix-en-Provence last summer, and I flew British Airways, and they let me take my bike for
    free. It was boxed along with one of my paniers. I got off the plane, assembled my bike, threw away
    the box, et voila!

  3. > Joey Oliver wrote:

    > Does anybody know of a shipping company that I can use to send my bike
    ahead of time to meet me at my hotel in Toulouse, France at the beginning of a 2> week tour?

    Why would anyone go to France? It's a dirty, trashy little town, is France.

  4. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

  5. George

    George Guest

    For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking bikes on planes, trains,
    buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on rentals, folding bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads
    around the world and how to ride in/out of about 120 airports.

    See it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

    In general it will be hundreds of $$ cheaper and MUCH easier to take the bike with you as luggage on
    the plane. If you absolutely can't do that then consider renting. Take your saddle and pedals and
    rent the bike there.

    George