shipping bicycle to France

Joey Oliver

Guest
Does anybody know of a shipping company that I can use to send my bike ahead of time to meet me at
my hotel in Toulouse, France at the beginning of a 2 week tour?

I went to Aix-en-Provence last summer, and I flew British Airways, and they let me take my bike for
free. It was boxed along with one of my paniers. I got off the plane, assembled my bike, threw away
the box, et voila!

Joey Oliver wrote:

> Does anybody know of a shipping company that I can use to send my bike ahead of time to meet me at
> my hotel in Toulouse, France at the beginning of a 2 week tour?

> Joey Oliver wrote:
>
> Does anybody know of a shipping company that I can use to send my bike
ahead of time to meet me at my hotel in Toulouse, France at the beginning of a 2> week tour?

Why would anyone go to France? It's a dirty, trashy little town, is France.

For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking bikes on planes, trains,
buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on rentals, folding bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads
around the world and how to ride in/out of about 120 airports.

See it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

In general it will be hundreds of $$ cheaper and MUCH easier to take the bike with you as luggage on
the plane. If you absolutely can't do that then consider renting. Take your saddle and pedals and
rent the bike there.

George