Shipping bike from Portugal to Melbourne??

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Mar 30, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    My mate is competing in Madeira soon
    and after the race wants to send his bike
    home and commence a holiday without it.

    Does anyone have any info about shipping
    a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?

    Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...

    cheers!
    hippy

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Hippy wrote:
    > Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to
    > Melbourne? Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it... cheers! hippy

    Um, talk to Kristjan

    -

  3. Stu, have a safe trip in Euro, cheers tall carlos

    > My mate is competing in Madeira soon
    > and after the race wants to send his bike
    > home and commence a holiday without it.
    >
    > Does anyone have any info about shipping
    > a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
    >
    > Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
    >
    > cheers!
    > hippy

  4. Saw that one coming...
    Let me dig around in my emails and I'll get back to you... I have the
    details of a shipping agency here somewhere.
    Failing that I'll send an email across to .pt and get a response soon....

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]
    > Hippy wrote:
    > > Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from Lisbon, Portugal

    > > Melbourne? Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it... cheers! hippy

    > Um, talk to Kristjan?
    >

    > --

  5. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:03:56 +0000, hippy wrote:

    > My mate is competing in Madeira soon
    > and after the race wants to send his bike home and
    > commence a holiday without it.

    Huh?

    How can you have a holiday _without_ a bike?!

    On a more serious note, if you box it, one of the
    seppo' shipping companies will deliver it at
    significant expense (around US$200 comes to mind,
    but this is from anecdotes on the Phred's bicycle
    touring list, and is probably for shipping EU->US).

    Do airlines still do un-accompanied luggage ?

    Also, he can't just leave it at, or ship it to
    the last hotel he will be staying at, and then
    take it back with him ?

    -kt

  6. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Does anyone have any info about shipping
    > a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
    >
    > Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
    >
    > cheers!
    > hippy

    I think Albion Cycles (02) 9387 1144 (or http://www.albioncycles.com.au)
    imports bikes from Portugal, so they might have some useful tips/info?

    HTH,

    &roo

    P.S. Are you still here?

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Cheers peeps! I have passed this info onto the Portugal-bound lad..

    hippy (whats with euro kezboards?! sheesh!

    -